This delicious side dish is easy to prepare for a backyard barbecue or camping trip.
2 medium russet or Yukon Gold potatoes, about 1 lb (450 g)
4 tsp olive oil or melted, unsalted butter
4 tsp water
Toppings (optional): sliced green onion, Better Than Bacon Topper
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Cut potatoes into 1⁄8" slices and place in a large bowl. Add oil, salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Lay out four 12" pieces of aluminum foil in front of you. Divide potato slices between the four pieces of foil. (It’s okay if the potatoes overlap slightly.) Add 1 tsp water on top of each potato-lined piece of foil.
- Place a 6" piece of aluminum foil over each potato-lined piece of foil. Roll up edges of bottom of each piece of potato-lined foil and fold over the top of each 6" piece of foil to seal in the potatoes and form a packet.
- Place packets on grill. Grill, with lid closed, 15 min, or until tender. Using tongs, carefully remove packets from grill.
- Open packets carefully; serve with hollandaise sauce drizzled on top. Add additional toppings, if desired.
Making these Grilled Potato Packets by the campfire? Try cooking the packets in the hot embers coals until tender.
Going camping? Assemble the potato packets before your trip and place them on the grill when you’re ready to cook! The Hollandaise Sauce is easily prepared or reheated in a Multipurpose Pot (recipe on pack).